Monday, March 2, 2009

Purity Ball at West Jackson Street Baptist Church

Friday night, our church had a Purity Ball for children ages 3 to high school seniors. Since the first of January, they have all participated in age appropriate purity studies. Since both of my children are in the preschool department they were involved in a study about integrity. This ball was a chance for us as parents to make a commitment to them to keep our lives pure as well as our family and make it a goal to help keep them pure.
Carson was presented with a pocket watch as a reminder of his purity as he gets older and Emilia was given the prayer box necklace that Vince actually gave me on our wedding day to save her kisses in/purity until she gets older and they both meet the person God has for them to marry.
Vince did write a prayer for Emilia along with a letter explaining his commitment as a father to her. And I did the same for Carson.
It was exciting in that we all dressed up for the ball. Then when we got to the church, we had pictures made, ate supper and then the "ball" started. The stories you will read above and below were read and I had to post them for anyone that has never heard them. How touching they are, and so true. Then "A Mother's Song" was sung for the mothers to dance with their sons. I thought this would be a really sweet moment for Carson and I but I've never wanted to spank his bottom as bad as I did them!!!!!!!! I wanted to hold him to dance with him b/c I told him I probably wouldn't be able to hold him many more years. He didn't want to cooperate and thinking if he passed some gas, yes, you heard me right, I'd put him down. Needless to say, I didn't put him down, but I wasn't shedding tears like all the other moms around me either!!! :):)
Then Cinderella was sung for the daddy's to dance with their little girls and I must say Emilia was much more cooperative with her daddy. They were so sweet and she loves to be spun around.
We were happy to have my parents join us for the event, as grandparents were welcomed to join in on the commitment.
This is something we look forward to in the future and a night we'll always cherish.
Thank you WJSBC for all you do for our families and children!!!!

No comments: