Monday, August 10, 2009

Big Day...















Well, today we officially began school.... and it went really well. We had originally planned on getting our first allergy shot this am and then coming home for school, but my sleepy heads didn't get up in time to eat breakfast, get ready and get there by the 11 cut off, so we had school first instead, then went for the allergy shot.
We got a good bit accomplished and this week, we are actually discussing/studying the creation and making "creation" books. Emilia will be involved in this as well and they both did great. Then when Emilia finished she played a computer game while Carson and I worked on math and reading.
I just wanted to post a few pictures of school.
I made cupcakes this morning to help celebrate our first day of school and we had them for a school snack. It was fun.
By-the-way, the allergy shot went well too, no tears. I have a good little patient! I guess he's heard me talk about how bad kids can act and how upset nurses can get when they don't mind their mommies!

5 comments:

Roan said...

You know Shawna, if Emelia is interested you could start her on the Get Ready for the Code books. That is what I use for my 4year olds. I also supplement with fun letter activities from Letteroftheweek.com
Thanks for taking care of Sam tonight! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi, Shawna! It's Kysha (formerly known as chris whitfield's wife. Ha! ~being like the artist prince) I found you through Roan's blog. So glad to see you in blogland.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I forgot to mention how beautiful your family is. I never saw your little ones...only your preggy belly with the first one. LOL! Times flies! I didn't know you were at WJSBC. My good friend, Amy O'daniel and her hubby, Chris O'daniel (youth pastor) are there also.

Amy said...

Hi Shawna,
I am glad to hear you are homeschooling! I hope you have a wonderful year.
Amy

Renee M said...

Hi Shawna. :) I saw a link to your blog from Roan's blog after you helped with Sam's stitches. It made me smile to see your pictures from the first day of school! I was so thankful to talk to you yesterday about how your school year is off to such a great start. See you at church, Renee