My goodness, I keep saying, I need to update this thing but can never find the time!!!! I just looked and saw that it was November 11 since my last post (and I was getting on to Amy for not keeping up!)
So many things have happened since then. I have had so much fun participating in things with Carson's kindergarten class, of course I wrote about the pumpkin patch but since then, we've made a trip to the Christmas Tree Farm in Hatley. It was on Friday, Dec. 5 and it was SOOOOO cold that day. We drove down that morning and the class got to pick a tree for their school room. They had so much fun. I love Frasier fur trees and normally we get one here in Tupelo but I had made my mind up that since I was going with Carson's class that we would also pick us out a tree while there. Little did I know that they only had cypress trees. I was a little disappointed b/c I really wanted a fur but one of his teachers told me how great they held up by getting one that was fresh cut. So after hearing that and seeing that this tree farm donates proceeds from the trees to scholarships in memory of their daughter, whose name was also Shawna, spelled the same as me, I gave in and got the cypress. And might I add that our tree is beautiful. I hope to add pictures soon. We immediately put it in water when we got home and have had hardly any needles fall off, it still looks great!! We decorated it the same weekend, with the big, colored, Charlie Brown, lights and our ornaments and I love it.
Then another exciting thing we did was this past Friday night, December 12, my parents and the four of us made a short road trip to Birmingham, AL to ride the Polar Express. Carson and Emilia LOVE this movie and watch it ALOT. I was looking back in the summer about going to ride Thomas the Train somewhere and ran upon this. I made a note on my calendar that the tickets went on sale on October 27 and got on-line that day to order our tickets. It was so much fun. They do the rides starting the weekend after Thanksgiving through the weekend before Christmas. All the rides are at night and you can wear your PJ's!!!!! What fun!!!! My mom bought Carson and Emilia new "polar" bear PJ's and red robes to wear and she and I also wore our PJ's. My dad and Vince opted to keep their jeans on. Anyway, you board the train car your ticket is for and it starts going.... you hear the story of the Polar Express and then you eventually end up at the North Pole. There, Santa, Ms. Santa and the Elves are waiting for you. The elves board the train first and give everyone a bell, then Santa and Ms. Santa board for autographs and pictures. Then the chefs come on with cookies and chocolate milk, then the elves come back on and give all the children a polar express Christmas Tree ornament. And I forgot to mention that the whole train sings Christmas carols so that Santa could hear us coming. What fun it was, and oh my, the memories we'll have of this.
I think that's all, considering that Christmas is now 7 days away..... time flies, and I still have the same wallpaper on this blog that Amy put on here when I first started. I go to Roan Johnson's and think how cute and neat it looks and look at mine and think how it never changes. Oh well, maybe one day I'll have time to figure it out!!!!!If I don't get back on here before next Thursday, MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Stocking Full of Coal
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment