Last night, one of Carson's most favorite movies was on, Walk the Line. I can't even remember when he first saw it but I think it was right after Emilia was born and a friend of mine (Angel) let me borrow it b/c I had been wanting to see it. Anyway, he is really good at imitating whatever is on tv that he is watching, so he immediately goes and gets his guitar and starts playing with Johnny and soon after learns "portions" of Get rhythm... when you get the blues... and has sung it since. Last week his letter of the week for school was "G" and on Fridays they take a show and tell that starts with that letter. Of course, he took his guitar and even played!!! I was there for the 100th day of school party and it was hilarious. I asked him to share with the class his favorite guitar player, they all thought it would be Elvis, (did Elvis play the guitar?) but he quickly told them, no, Johnny Cash.
So last night, Walk the Line was on tv and of course, he was glued with guitar in hand. So when it got to the scene where he and June were singing together, I asked him if he wanted to pretend we were June and Johnny and he told me NO!! So, Emilia being right in the middle of everything, as she always is, ran to get a microphone, and although she hasn't learned all the Johnny Cash songs yet, she pretended to know them while Carson played. They crack me up!!
Stocking Full of Coal
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment