I have to admit with two kids with strep throat we have not gotten our school work done as planned. Carson has not been taking naps for some time now, Emilia on the other hand still needs one every day. This week, Carson has gone to sleep with us everyday AND been the last to wake up. He must have really been drained! We did do a very little school work on Monday before he ended up going to the doctor on Tuesday, none Tuesday, a little more yesterday and the most we had done all week today. I think we'll just stop here for the week :) Anyway, our lessons were about rocks. We talked about different kinds of rocks and what they are made from. One being ignitary (I hope I spelled that right!) being formed from fire/hot/ignite.... so we were able to talk a little about volcanos and then make one!
Vince did make fun of our volcano and said it looked more like a ball, but if you've ever worked with air dry clay, what a mess. My main objective was to get something formed that I was able to stick my finger down in just to have a place to pour our lava! And it worked. We added baking soda in the hole and then poured vinegar tinted red with food coloring on top of it for our eruption. It was really neat.
Vince and Carson just before leaving for their first Tiger Cub Campout, and might I add, while they were both still well!
Tiger Cub Campout
The pictures below are from our homeschool Fall Party. The first being the group of kids that attended and the second a fun game that Angie came up with -Pumpkin Bowling. She used 2 liter bottles for the pins and of course pumpkins for the balls!!
Brooke, Clara, Madelyn, Grace, Carson, Jackson, Hannah, Emilia, Sara, Laura, Emma, Joshua, Elijah, Hannah, Lydia at our Fall Party
Pumpkin Bowling



1 comment:
hi Shawna,
Can I bring John over to do school with ya'll? Looks like you are doing a great job :)
Amy
Post a Comment