Monday, February 22, 2010

Homeschool Valentine's Party

The Girls

The Boys

Our salt dough hearts

Emilia Painting her heart

Carson & Chip (a.k.a. Arnold)

Carson & Emilia
The week of Valentine's Day our homeschool group met at our church for a Valentine Party. I had volunteered to be in charge of this one and what a week. Vince ended up having outpatient surgery on Tuesday, I was already scheduled to work all night Tuesday night and could not get out of it, Vince had to be back at the doctor's office at 8:15 that Wednesday morning and the party started at 10:30!!!!! Thank goodness my gracious charge nurse let me leave around 4 am so I got about 3 hours of sleep, my mom had thankfully spent the night at our house b/c of the crazy, unexpected schedule, and offered or agreed to go with me to the party to help. After taking Vince to the doctor, I came home to finish getting ready and we were on to the church. I had gone earlier on Tuesday before Vince's surgery and decorated, thank goodness b/c I didn't know when I would have any other time. There wasn't much to it but we all had fun. We played Valentine Bingo - which gave the kids an opportunity to practice their numbers, find your matching heart mate, each heart was cut in half with a different pair of scrapbooking scissors and there was also a Bible verse on each one related to love. This gave you two ways to match your half up with someone else, knowing the Bible verse and looking for the same design. Then we all painted salt dough hearts with ribbon as hangers. I had also baked these on Monday since they had to bake for a whole 2 hours and then cool. I have to say they turned out really cute but they sure were a pain to make, the dough was a mess to get to roll out consistency!!! Not sure I'll do that again... and then we had our usual homeschool lunch of PIZZA. Thanks to my mom and Ms. Vanita Billingsley for going to pick this up for us. Ms. Vanita also made the cupcakes and my sweet friend Angie made goodie bags for all the kids.
Each child also brought their on Valentine's to share with their friends.
A tiring (for me!) but a fun, fun day!






1 comment:

Renee M said...

Hi Shawna. Sarah, Hannah, and Lydia enjoyed the Valentine's party! Thanks so much for planning all the activities with the Bible verses game to remind them of God's love and just the fun of being together with homeschool friends. We had fun!