Monday, October 6, 2008

Fireproof

Well, Vince and I had a "rushed date" this past Thursday night. I had told him that I REALLY wanted to go see the new movie Fireproof and he asked me when, so after looking at the calendar and around everything that was already scheduled I picked Thursday night, thinking it would be easier to get one of our babysitters since it wasn't the night of a high school football game. Anyway, got the first babysitter lined up and everything was a go. Then Wednesday afternoon she called to say her grandfather had passed away that morning (our thoughts and prayers go out to Anne's family) so Wednesday night at church I approached our other babysitter (we only have two that we love, and I trust). Thankfully Carlye could come. So, plans on again. THEN, Thursday morning I was in line to pick Carson up at Calvary from kindergarten and my phone rings, a number I did not recognize, it was Carson's soccer coach to tell us to be at the game early that night to get their uniforms, I was completely lost. I know he thought I had really lost my mind, so after telling him sure, we'll be there, blah blah, (thank goodness the game started at 6 and they only play one hour) I called Vince. You see, Vince has been taking Carson to practices on Monday b/c I've been working on Monday nights. I had asked him Tuesday if Carson had a soccer game schedule yet but never got an answer so went on. And we had again discussed the movie, what time it started, how long it lasted, etc Thursday morning before Vince went to work. O.K. all that to say,when Vince answered I asked him if he knew what day it was and what other plans we had besides the movie, he immediately started apologizing and I broke down in tears. I could never miss Carson's first soccer game, I was so looking forward to this movie and I had no idea if we didn't go that night when we'd go. SO, here we go again... I thought, are we not suppose to see this movie or is this the devil trying to keep us from it??? Which I have decided was the last. So, I go by the movie to buy tickets, well, they are closed until later and Emilia had gymnastics so I went home, got on-line and bought our tickets. I called a dear friend who has a business on hwy 145 to see if we could leave one car there, b/c this would save time in getting from the soccer game to the movie, I called Carlye and told her to meet us here at 7, the movie started at 7:10, so we drove two cars to the soccer game, left as soon as it was over, met Carlye, let her drive my van to our house with the kids since they were already in their car seats, left Carlye's car there, drove Vince's truck to the movie and only missed a very few seconds/minutes at the beginning. And oh my, what an awesome movie. I knew from the get go, satan was trying his best to mess up our plans, but we won! I know not many people have access to my postings b/c I don't really talk about this but if you are married, go see this movie!!!! You'll understand this if you have seen it but I have to say we also now have the book, The Love Dare and I'm really excited about reading it.
O.K. Just wanted to advertise a little for FIREPROOF!!!

1 comment:

Sonya Nobles said...

Hey Shawna!
I found your blog through Amy's. I've just created one, it's a learning process...but it's fun!
Maybe I can keep up w/ you guys now! Miss talking to you. :)