Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Atlanta ....

Well, we left Friday afternoon for Atlanta, Vince and his brother-in-law went to see MSU and Georgia Tech play Saturday morning and his sister and her two kids, Carson, Emilia & I went to Six Flags to Thomas Town. We were there for about six hours. I was exhausted, I pulled Carson & Emilia around in a wagon all day with about five different bags strapped to my back, shoulders and whatever else they would hang from!!! Needless to say, my back, legs and arms were quite sore when I got up Sunday morning. We did get to ride on Thomas the Train and he was very cute. We also rode a "family roller coaster" that I have to say, went pretty fast for me, let alone a three year old.
Sunday we got up and planned to go downtown to take pictures by the big CNN sign of Carson & Emilia and at the Olympic Park, little did we know that the Atlanta Falcons were also playing in Atlanta that day, and if you've never seen Atlanta traffic on a day that the Falcons AND the Braves are playing, let me just say, try to avoid it. To sum it all up, we never made it to get the pictures made, by the time we found an available parking lot that cost $20 to park in, we didn't have time to walk two miles to get to the landmarks and then get to Turner Field for the Braves game, so we just headed on to the stadium.
I have been to some other MLB games in the past but never to see the Braves and I have to say it was pretty fun. It was alright in the beginning b/c they were getting beat but then in about the 7th inning they really started playing ball and got ahead, it then got really exciting. We did have to leave in the top of the ninth just so we could get home before 11.
We were all really tired but had a good time and made lots of memories. I'll try to post more pictures from the trip when I have more time.

2 comments:

Roan said...

HeY Shawna,
I just found your blog and you are cracking me up! I will be glad you help you with your blog anytime, and Megan is my sister in law--she is the blog expert (no kids, lots of time on her hands!)
Have a great day!

Julie said...

Hey, ask Amy for my email addy, and I will be glad to answer any of your questions. I do not want to put my email on this blog!
Yes, I do have bad days! I just pray, pray, and pray some more. It really is all in your mind. Choose to be thankful and look for the positive in every situation. This takes practice, but thanksgiving produces joy!

This is from Roan, although Julie is signed in right now so it looks like she gave you this comment.