Yeah!!!! I think our Disney Reservations are complete..... For those of you who knew we were planning a trip, I am really a planner, as much as I think I can be. I started planning this trip this past August, as soon as I found out we were going. We are going with another family from New Albany that I grew up with and then when my parents found out, they asked if they could go too. And of course, we'd love to have two more sets of eyes helping to watch the four kids.
Since, I have been on-line, gotten a Disney planning book and kept up with special offers. Not every plan has fallen into place as planned but it's all worked out. I have been to Disney several times in the past but not with children of my own. I think that I can say I'm more excited about this trip than I've ever been and I want them to get as much of Disney as we can in seven days!!!!
We intended to stay in a "cheaper" resort but when I called back in November to make reservations there were only two available that had three different rooms close together and so we ended up at a little nicer place than we had intended. We will be staying at the Wilderness Lodge, which now, I am excited about. I've heard that it's similar to the Old Faithful Lodge at Yellowstone which I have also visited and it's beautiful. Anyway, when we found the deal of buy 4 nights get 3 free, we jumped on that. We were also able to get plane tickets for what I think was a very good deal. We will be flying out of Memphis, stopping in Atlanta and then to Orlando. I know that other people drive with smaller kids and more kids than I have but I am really glad that we aren't doing that. We take several trips a year to visit my grandmother in East TN which takes about 8-9 hours with bathroom breaks and then various other places and goodness, flying on this particular trip will just be a break for me!! and Vince. Anyway, the only reservations that hadn't been made were those for our meals through the meal plan. A couple of months ago I asked them what the FIRST day I could do this was and it was January 22, so I marked it on every calendar so I wouldn't forget. I was able to get a live person pretty quickly and make our dinner/breakfast reservations. I'm really excited and hope that we enjoy each one of them. Our first will be the morning after we arrive at Chef Mickey's YUMMY.
We're all looking forward to this and of course I'll post more after our trip. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions of things we MUST not miss, please send them to me. I also made the two older girls appointments at Bippidy Boppity Boutique. So they can look like a real princess all day one day:)
Stocking Full of Coal
14 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment