Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It's COLD outside....

My goodness, it sure is cold outside!!! It's really interfering with my exercise too. I get up every morning thinking it might be just a little warmer and I can go for a jog but for the past two weeks, I've only gotten out about twice, which makes me sick but oh well, I guess I should enjoy the break.
I did go Monday night/Tuesday morning at 1 am with a girl from work. We both got off and she's on a diet and asked me to go with her. Bless her heart, her legs are slightly shorter than mine and I don't think she realized that I walked so fast. She started out saying we would go 8 laps at the hospital track and I had to BEG her to go five. I did talk her into jogging/walking the last lap. I didn't realize how cold I was until I got home, got a shower, got in bed and thought I'd NEVER warm up.
Hopefully after tomorrow things will begin to warm up a bit and I can get back into my routine.
I guess yesterday was a big day in our world and I'm going to try to make a huge point to keep our new president in my prayers. I guess it's safe to say, he was not my pick and I've been a little nervous about what these years with him in charge may have in store for us but my sweet little boy reminded me yesterday of this... he said, "mama, a lot of people didn't want that man to be our President, but he's still a good person" I asked where he heard such and he said he didn't he just said it. Where does their wisdom come from??? They amaze me.
Something I do try to do for Carson & Emilia is save newspapers from events that happen that I think might be of interest to them when they are older. I have a newspaper for each of them from the day they were born, I actually saved the paper from 9/11 before I even had them, and I have papers from Hurricane Katrina since that was also the weekend that Emilia was born. I will add the paper from today to my cedar chest for them to look at when they are either in History class studying the above or are just older and would appreciate looking at it.

No comments: