The last post I published, I was balling my eyes out as I typed. Oh me. What a time in my life that I will never forget. You know what? I've made it past it! and I FINALLY got my answer from God, requiring yet another change!
Later on the same day of that last post, I changed my tune. I told God that I wasn't going to ask him which school route to take but I was going to tell him that I wanted to make a decision that was going to allow me to be the best mom I could be. If it was homeschooling him, I could do it, if it was taking him to school and just loving him to pieces when he came home, I could do it, I just needed to know which way I'd be a better mom. On Thursday, I got Carson up to take him BACK to school. He cried and begged and pleaded with me not to take him, and I gave in, one last time I thought. My daddy called me later in the morning just to check on me and see how things were going. I told him about the morning and how I just could not take him the way he was and leave him. Later on that morning, Carson had some focusing issues and I was becoming a little frustrated. In the midst of it all, he asked to go back to Saltillo. Increasing my frustration level I realized I could not start out on something so shakey, and that if he was going to ask to go back, since this was the second day for these comments, I needed to take action. I honestly felt like God had hand picked everything about Saltillo primary especially for him and me this year. After a lecture we loaded up and went BACK to school at 1230. He had officially been withdrawn but no new students had arrived and taken his place so he went right back where he left off. He told me when I picked him up that all his friends came running up to him and said, "Carson, you're back" with arms open wide for lots of hugs! How happy that made me feel!
At any rate when I left school that day, I called my Daddy. I have an AWESOME daddy! He had prayed a very specific prayer for me that I had no idea he was praying. He prayed that the Lord would do whatever he had to do to let me make a clear decision and have no guilt attached to it. He even prayed that my frustration level would reach a height of no confusion on an answer. And do you know what? Within 30 minutes of that prayer, the Lord took Carson and I to a level of frustration that made everything clear! I knew I could only trust him at that point and not doubt the decision that had been made. God placed my little boy in a classroom with a christian teacher, one I've known since high school, he gave him a homeschooled reading teacher, who understands why parents homeschool and what it's like to be homeschooled, and he placed some awesome boys and girls in his class from his own Sunday School class to hold him accountable and be examples. Without a doubt I know we are taken care of and I just thank God for showing me the direction to take that will help me be a better mama right now during this season in our lives! I also thank him for an earthly father who still prays for his little girl and the struggles she goes through as a mother!
And for all my friends who listened to me literally sob during all this and offered a listening ear as I tried every day to figure it out! not to mention the prayers! I'm blessed in so many ways!
Stocking Full of Coal
14 years ago



3 comments:
Good! Continued prayers for your family.
I hope that Carson has a wonderful school year! I appreciate your friendship so much. Renee'
Shawna, I never felt unsafe while in Cozumel. If you are going on a cruise and will only be there a day, I certainly wouldn't worry. Russ and I have been to Cozumel twice, and both times we took an excursion while there. However, the marketplace has PLENTY to keep you busy. When we were with Carnival, we went to "Passion Island", an island exclusively for our cruise guests. It was very nice and a beautiful beach. Food was included in price. In December, we went on an ATV ride and had a blast! Hope this helps!
Post a Comment